Why a Buyer Needs a Home Inspection:
- A home inspection gives the buyer more detailed information about the overall condition of the home prior to purchase. In a home inspection, a qualified inspector takes an in-depth, unbiased look at your potential new home to:
- Evaluate the physical condition: structure, construction, and mechanical systems
- Identify items that need to be repaired or replaced
- Estimate the remaining useful life of the major systems, equipment, structure, and finishes.
Appraisals are not Home Inspections:
- An appraisal is different from a home inspection and does not replace a home inspection. Appraisals estimate the value of the property for lenders. An appraisal is required to ensure the property is marketable. Home inspections evaluate the condition of the home for buyers.
Be an Informed Buyer:
- It is your responsibility to be an informed buyer. You have the right to carefully examine your potential new home with a qualified home inspector.
February 21, 2017